Monday, August 16, 2010

Abundant Life

I very recently wrote a new song/chorus for church called "Abundant Life". The lyric is largely Psalm 23 with a little sermon content added in. Mike Stone, Senior Pastor at our church, has been leading a sermon series with some others on the teaching team on the names of Jesus. One of the sermons took in the story of Jesus turning water into wine. Two things hit me that day, I have definitely felt like the poor Father of the Bride for a long time.....no wine left and a bunch of angry guests about to turn on me, but...., Jesus is able to create and turn the water I offer Him into more quality wine than I can drink.
 
Two Sunday's ago I introduced the song in church and last Sunday I was blessed by another worship leader leading the song for the congregation, very fun to have someone else lead your song!!

Posted via email from Cliff Cline

No comments: